The module ensures compliance with the Optimus Directive required by the European Union. The module collects product prices and attribute prices from the last 30 days preceding the promotion. It then informs the consumer about the lowest price of the product before the promotion.
The module supports: language versions, currencies, multistore and combinations.
The module works in versions 1.6 - 1.7 and version 8.
If you have any problems, we can help you. Free Support for 6 months is included in the purchase.
A few words about the Omnibus Directive
The European Union has introduced the Omnibus Directive to standardize the collection of promotional prices at commercial products. The directive aims to ensure that all EU member states collect the same information on product prices.
The directive aims to give consumers easy access to archived product prices. The omnibus directive also ensures that price data will be publicly available and provided in a manner consistent with the directive.
As a result, consumers will be able to compare product prices in different countries and choose the most suitable offer. The directive is an important step toward giving consumers easy access to product prices around the world. It will also help ensure that all countries in the Union have access to up-to-date product prices.
What can you do to make your store Omnibus Directive compliant?
An online store that complies with the Omnibus Directive on price collection should provide its customers with a convenient and safe shopping experience. The store should collect prices for the products it offers in accordance with the directive, and provide fair and clear pricing information. Customers should be able to obtain information about any additional costs, including handling fees, transportation and taxes, before they decide to make a purchase.
Features/Capabilities of Omnibus module for Prestashop
- The module displays the lowest price from 30 days before the promotion was launched is the so-called Omnibus price history.
- The module allows you to disable saving the current promotional price to the price history when the promotion or product price changes
- Omnibus prices has an option to start displaying net or gross prices depending on your selection/preference
- Specially prepared price database optimization script does not load the server and uses resources only when there is a product price change.
- The script saves all product prices. It also allows you to disable saving prices for combinations.
- Omnibus Prices module for Prestashop store allows you to save every price change also at the time of product modification or disable such saving option only by using Cron.
- The module has the option to be visible only on the product page. It can be invisible on the category page.
- The module has the ability to generate a price chart on the category page and product page on the frontend for viewing by the customer.
- The module has the ability to export product prices to CSV file.
With all the above module functionalities, we ensure compliance with the Omnibus directive and minimize the load on your store and server at the same time.
We invite you to purchase. We offer support and free update. We are sure that in the current version our software is one of the best on the market.
Active demo of Omnibus module
Installing a module in a Prestashop store
In order to install the Omnibus module in your Prestashop store, you must first download the module you received by email after placing your order when we confirmed your payment. Then, using the modules tab of your store in the administration panel, select the "Add new module" option and proceed with the installation. After installation, select the configure option.
There are several options available which ew you can customize according to your needs/your own store. The most important thing is to start a cyclic cron task which should be run 1 time a day. The cron script takes care of controlling the correctness of data, recording any changes in product prices.
In addition, the module is equipped with a function that will save any price change as Omnibus price history at the time of updating the product or changing the settings of the promotion.